A personalized approach to medicine.
Functional medicine is a personalized approach to medicine that better addresses the needs of patients in the 21st century, it is truly the future of medicine. The goal is to get to the root cause of chronic illness, not just treat the symptoms.
Our Treatment Plans
This is a one-time investment of $595* which includes an extended 90-minute appointment with Dr. Engels, a lab review of advanced biomarker testing, an appointment with our health coach targeted toward functional nutrition and lifestyle recommendations, and an extensive multi-pronged personalized health plan that provides a 360 strategy for optimal living.
This is designed as a one-time assessment for optimal wellness.
- Functional Health Evaluation
- Lab review – Advanced Biomarker Testing: in-depth diagnostic panel measuring inflammation, nutrient status, expanded thyroid assessment, heart health, hormones and more (labs can be billed through insurance or we have negotiated cash pricing with Quest and Access Medical)
- Extended 90 Minute Appointment with Dr. Engels
- Customized Integrative 6-Part Health Plan which includes diet, sleep, stress, exercise, supplement and hormone recommendations.
- Advanced Lab Testing recommendations to take a deeper dive into whatever areas are the most out of balance
- Follow-up 60 minute appointment with our health coach
- Various payment options including HSA/FSA; super-bill provided to submit for possible insurance reimbursement
- The WeCare Foundational Assessment is a mandatory step to becoming a WeCare member
* Does not include lab testing and supplements.
WeCare Membership Plan
Our membership plan is for those who have completed the Foundational Assessment and who would like to continue to benefit from our services and education at We Care Frisco.
During the Foundational Assessment, Dr. Engels will discuss whether we are a good fit for each other and if you would benefit from our membership. Completion of the Foundational Assessment DOES NOT guarantee a spot in our membership plan.
- Advanced Diagnostic Testing
- 5 visits with Dr. Engels
- Extended follow up appointment times
- Ongoing health coaching support and accountability
- Discounts on supplements and products
- Body composition analysis throughout the year to assess progress
- Discounts on procedures such as hormone pellet therapy, micro needling facials, and hair restoration procedures.
- Access to all WeCare Frisco ongoing educational classes
- Direct portal messaging with Dr. Engels and Kelsey, her health coach
- Medically supervised weight loss programs
- Hormone prescription management
- Peptide therapy management
- Affordable monthly pricing
- 12-month commitment
Hormone Replacement Therapy
Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) for women encompasses various delivery methods, including pellets, compounded creams, and patches. Pellets are tiny subcutaneous implants that release hormones slowly over time, offering a convenient, long-term solution. Compounded creams, on the other hand, are tailored to an individual's specific hormone needs and are applied topically, allowing for precise dosing adjustments. Patches are easy to use and provide a consistent release of hormones through the skin. Each method has its advantages and drawbacks. Pellets offer consistent hormone levels but require a minor minimally invasive procedure for insertion. Compounded creams offer customization but may involve daily application, while patches are user-friendly but can sometimes cause skin irritation. The choice among these options depends on a woman's specific needs, preferences, and her healthcare provider's recommendations, emphasizing the importance of a personalized approach to hormone replacement therapy.Learn More
A new focus, a new path forward
“I was absolutely fascinated,” Engels says, “by this new style of medicine that saw the patient as a whole biological system rather focusing on only one organ system at a time, such as Cardiology. This was a complete paradigm shift from conventional medicine and how I was trained.”